- The drilled hole must be within the tolerances shown on the dimensional sheets.
- Holes must be round within 0.05 mm.
- With hard materials the bore roughness should be from Rz = 10 - 30 µm. for best results.
- Longitudinal rifles and spiral grooves should be avoided. These influence the sealing effectiveness.
- The bore must be free of oil, grease and chips.
- Insert the plug in the tool, making sure that the sleeve is against the nosepiece.
- After inserting the plug into the hole activate the tool to expand the plug. The mandrel will break apart when the proper tension has been reached.
- The assembly of KOENIG Expander®s should only be done in a clean working area.
- Sleeve and mandrel of the plug should not be cleaned or lubricated.
Tools For trouble free installation of KOENIG Expander®s use the tools and appropriate components according to the data sheet.
Plug removalWith KOENIG Expander® LK series plug removal is possible.
Note: After plug removal always install the next larger size plug.
- Drive the mandrel from the sleeve with a punch.
- Drill out the sleeve and remove the mandrel.
- Bore the hole to the next larger Expander diameter per the data sheet.
- Clear chips, remnants of the sleeve, and oil and grease from the bore.
- Install a new KOENIG Expander®.